Cynthia Dankwa recently had an online interview with Azugbene Solomon, the founder of Center for Young Africans (CFYA), Read their conversation below.
1. What is your real name?
Cynthia Maame Yaa Bamfoa Dankwa, and I’m 11 years old.
2. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Accra, Ghana
3. What did you want to be when you were much younger?
I have always wanted to be a teacher when I grow up
4. Who is your childhood friend?
My best friend is Nikita Assuming
5. Were your parents strict?
Not all the time. When the need arises they are strict
6. What is your favorite toy?
My favourite toy is a LOL Doll
7. Who inspired you?
I am inspired by my older sister Verona, I look up to her in all things.
8. What is your best/worst subjects in school?
My best subjects are English Language and History, I wont say its my worst but my weakest subject is Arithemetic
9. What is your favourite movie?
I dont really have a favourite movie, but one I have really enjoyed is an animated cartoon called Sing
10. How did you get involved in Acting?
It was quite by accident, I went along with my brother when he went to visit a director who featured him in a short film, he happened to be looking for a young girl to cast for his movie, The Burial of Kojo. He auditioned me there and I was given the role.
11. How long have you been an actor? From where did you get started?
This will be my 4th year. I started acting and performing in school and church productions since I was 4
12. How many plays have you done so far?
So far, I havent performed in a theater play, but ive been in about 4 school productions
13. In how many films you have performed up till now?
I have only featured in 1 movie
14. Are you working on any current projects?
No, I have nothing at the moment
15. How different is it to act in a movie and to act in a theater play?
The is a big difference, with movies, you have the camera and director, if you make a mistake you have the chance to go over again, but on stage if you forget your lines, you can mess up the play.
16. Tell me about an area in which you would like to improve as an actor?
I am quite shy in nature but thankfully it doesnt show in my performances
17. Do you ever think that you could have done a bit better in any particular role?
Sometimes I do, after my school productions
18. Which has been your favorite character that you have performed?
It has to be Esi from The Burial of Kojo
19. What are your strong points as an actor?
I am quite versatile and good with gestures. Always ready to try new things
20. What have you learned from the directors that you have worked with throughout your career?
The most important thing I have learnt is how to stay focused and not panic even if you forget your lines.
21. What have you learned from your senior actors?
Oh Yes. Some show me their individual techniques
22. What are your educational qualifications?
Am currently still in Primary school
23. From where have you learned acting?
I used to be part of the Helen O’Grady Drama Academy in East Legon.
24. Do you think that you have matured as an actor?
Yes though I still have a lot to learn
25. How do you think film stars handle their popularity?
Some handle it well and are humble, like Joseph Otsiman and Ama K Abebrese
26. Do you think that you have the potential to carry a film on your shoulders?
I have played a lead role in my only movie, I will say yes but a movie is all about teamwork. Not only one individual can make a movie a success.
27. What has been your biggest achievement in the field of acting?
Winning the Best Young/Most Promising Actor at the 2019 Africa Academy Movie Awards.
28. Mention about any special recognition or award that you have received for your acting skills?
AMAA 2019 Best Young/Promising Actor in Africa.
29. What do you prefer theater acting or movie acting?
I prefer stage acting because you have to be alert at all times
30. What kind of roles do you prefer?
Good girl roles
31. What is the hardest part of being a celebrity?
Being noticed everywhere you go. Its difficult when you are this young
32. Give me a few tips to be a successful actor?
Comport yourself at all times, dont be rude, always be open to receive advice and criticism, most importantly be yourself.
33. Who is your favorite actor?
Cynthia Dankwa’s Advice to Teenagers and Teens:
“My advice for teens, be proud of who you are, and always be yourself, don’t try to be someone you are not because you never know who is watching you. Dont be afraid to pursue your dreams, dont be afraid to fail because you learn alot from that and always do your best at everything you do, education is important, talent can only take you halfway”
Please Support our projects by making a Donation